Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Thank goodness you are there. I have a route tracked out in

Customer Question

thank goodness you are there. I have a route tracked out in basecamp and why connected my etrex 30 shows that the route is on the gps as well. BUT when I go outside and try to see the route I cannot! Please help as I am leaving tomorrow. Roger
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: Only that I am walking from Yorkshire to Italy starting tomorrow. I have paper maps but I would really like to take my etrex as well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.
Hello Roger & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) When you said "I have a route tracked out in basecamp and why connected my etrex 30 shows that the route is on the gps as well", did you really mean "when connected" (to the computer)?2) Don't take this the wrong way, but how familiar are you with BaseCamp, and have you (successfully) transferred routes or waypoints from that program to your eTrex in the past? I only ask because some of us only use BaseCamp on an "occasional basis", and it is not the most "user friendly" program in that instance.3) When you say "Yorkshire to Italy", are you referring to Yorkshire England?3a) If this is "England to Italy", Do you have any DETAILED maps that cover that area (on a memory card or otherwise)?Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)