Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Have a garmin 492 gpsmap cables have been cut i ordered cables

Customer Question

have a garmin 492 gpsmap cables have been cut i ordered cables but they are too short only about two ft. long what can i do the transducer is in place also anthenna is in place
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. It sounds like you need a longer cable.. Heres a 10 foot extension cable for the transducer.. This is an 8pin cable, if your transducer needs a different cable let me know. And here is an antenna extension cable. and here If you have further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i sent an email and told you that your advise did not jive with my problem as you told me to buy a 8 pin cable but my pigtail only has 7 pins but no response when i sent photos and made you aware for the no. of pins
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
This is the first message I received from you, just a few moments ago. It sounds like youre tallking about a power data cable, as thats the only 7 p[in cables garmin has. Are you sure its a 7 pin and not 8 or 6 ? Does this look like your current cable?