Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I just ordered a Garmin nuLifetime and my McAFEE Security will

Customer Question

I just ordered a Garmin nuLifetime and my McAFEE Security will not let it go.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just get a download freeze. I'm not good with a computer please help.
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. What I would do is either right click the mcafee icon, go into your settings, and turn off your real time protection till you restart the computer, and your firewall as well. That should allow you to finish or restart the map download so that you can install it on your device. If you wanted to be super cautious, you could uninstall mcafee using their removal tool restart the computer with mcafee uninstalled, then download and install your garmin maps. and once thats complete, reinstall mcafee.. The page below will walk you through the full process of removing and reinstalling mcafee. Just remember, you dont want to reinstall mcafee till after you have downloaded and installed your garmin maps.! If you get stuck or run into any issues let me know. And if you prefer I can connect to your computer from here and make sure the maps download and install properly, in person. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.