Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Garmin nuvi 2689 lmt says the power cord is not acceptable

Customer Question

garmin nuvi 2689 lmt says the power cord is not acceptable and its the one that came with device.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The power cords on these devices fail from time to time. whether its a bent pin in the connector, or one of the internal wires gets crimped or pulled loose, cords will fail~ What Id recommend before replacing the cord would be to turn the device off, and take a toothpic and gently clean out the port on the nuvi where the cord plugs in. There may be grime or lint or dirt inside the connector. Then, try reconnecting the cord and see if the nuvi will accept it. If it still says the cord doesnt work. You can order a new cord here at a discount. http://amzn.to/268WC85 For that price, you get a car charger, wall charger, and usb cord to charge from a computer or the wall. If you have any further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.