Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: updating GPS
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Whats the full name brand and model of the GPS device you are trying to update?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
nextar 43LT Serial # *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
X11-15302 is maybe the model number. I'm not sure where you find that on the device.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
43Lt is the model number you will need to use in order to purchase new maps for your device. This website, is where you can purchase the maps from https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/newCatalog?live.p2.storedPageRequest=true&selectedTab=3 If that doesnt take you directly to the nextar 43Lt map purchase page, then select nextar from the list, and then select the 43Lt from the list.. And then you will be on the page where you can purchase map updates.. The updates are somewhat expensive. Once you purchase the update, it will provide a download link that will include an installer. Once downloaded, connect the nextar to your pc and run the map update you downloaded.. It will take you through the process of updating your maps. If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
After sending the answer and steps for you to update your maps, I tried to accept your phone call request. It said payment failure. Ive sent the offer back to you in order to be approved. This is only neccesary if you wanted to speak over the phone.. Otherwise, we can continue via written support for the standard fee. As a reminder, I wrote a full reply in my last message that explains how and where to purchase the map updates for your Nextar device. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is sounding more expensive by the minute. 17.95 to RENT MAPS for 1 month? And some are even MORE. I would be better off just buying a new one I think.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
I agree.. Nextar charges an arm and a leg for a paid update, around 90$ in most cases and thats for a one time update. You can honestly get a new garmin unit with liftime map updates and a 1 year warranty for less then the nextar maps upgrade cost. Heres an example, this model has lifetime maps included brand new, for 89$ http://amzn.to/23CLb9W If you have further questions, let me know. If you decide to stick with the nextar and want help updating the maps or run into issues during the map updates, Im here to help if needed. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I havent heard back from you since I sent you my answer and you viewed it. Did you still need further assistance? I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.