Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My Garmin Golf Watch shows only the light & nothing else. I

Customer Question

My Garmin Golf Watch shows only the light & nothing else. I love the watch. Not sure what to do.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The watch quit on the last hole of my round. It had been fully charged. When I charge it, it only shows a dim light, the "garmin' name nor the battery symbol do not show up anymore?
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. First, how old is the watch?For its age, for its working lifetime, it has been using the same battery. Eventually, all rechargeable batteries of whatever technology, used in portable electronic devices, fail to deliver enough voltage or enough power.If your watch is over 1 1/2 years old, I suspect from what you describe, that it needs a new replacement rechargeable battery. (The replacement battery needs to be charged up for 6+ hours before its first use, owing to its having been on a shelf for a considerable time.) If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks. (If you need more info, just use Reply To Expert for further advice on this question.)