Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a apple computer, i downloaded the garmin express, but

Customer Question

I have a apple computer, i downloaded the garmin express, but cannot update it on my
garmin. Says it does not connect to the device.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. First, can you check what version of mac osx you have on your machine. Heres how to check Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. And when you reply, please let me know the full name brand and model of your garmin device, thank you. ***** and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
version 10.11.4 nevi 260w
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
did you get my information
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
I did, thank you. How recently did you download garmin express? Will the program install and run onscreen? Also, lets try the following with your nuvi. Lets master reset it Start with the device OFF and unplugged from powerTouch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencilContinue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the device ONRelease the power button when the device powers ONYou will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displaysTouch YesIf text language is not in English, this is the button on the rightThe device will now reset. Follow the on-screen prompts and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.1Although the master reset will erase all saved favorites, any loaded custom points of interest will remain intact on the device. Once master reset, try disconnecting it and reconnecting it to your mac while garmin express is running on screen.. can it detect your device now? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.