Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I was trying to update my garmin Nuvi 50lm. Now I lost all

Customer Question

I was trying to update my garmin Nuvi 50lm. Now I lost all my existing maps and have a blank screen.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I get an error now. Map data is not available.
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I was trying to update my maps.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) Did the update process appear to "go well", OR did you see ANY warning or error messages (on the computer) during the update process?2) The AGE of the device?3) Approximately HOW LONG did the update take?4) Was this the FIRST time you have tried to update the device?Thanks