Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

How do I connect 255w to the computer to upgrade the maps.

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The only connection I have is the one that plugs into the 12 volt receptacle in the vehicle
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeYou need to use the data cable, one came with the device but if you lost it you can buy it for $5 herehttp://www.amazon.com/Data-Cable-Garmin-Nuvi-255W/dp/B004ALHHK6Then you install Garmin Express on your computer from my link belowhttp://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.htmlOnce installed, you run it, connect the Nuvi to your computer and you can then do all your updates via the programIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.Thank you