Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a Garamin Gpsmap 700 with Bluechart g2 Vision. While

Customer Question

I have a Garamin Gpsmap 700 with Bluechart g2 Vision. While cruising, the depth stopped
working. A red line appeared across the top of the screen. The depth froze at 60 fathoms, although I shallowed up to much less. Fish Eye Disappeared and all I got was Navigation Chart and Perspective 3D.
I'm not very computer savvy. My first thought was pull the chip out and reinsert it. But there was no chip in the slot behind the door. I know I had a problem before, somewhat similar and Garmin sent me a new Bluechart chip. I don't know if there was supposed to be one in the little holder or if someone stole it. I couldnt find it anywhere?
What should I do now? As you can see from my note, I'm a little behind the times. I'm more familiar with the flashers that just gave the depth. Oh well, I'm sure you guys can educate me a bit
Thank You
***** *****
Juneau, Alaske
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi Patrick
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please cancel my account. I no longer want to be part of this program. Do not use my credit card.I have not gotten any answers from you and I owe you nothing
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for replying back to me.You were offline when I responded earlier.If you still need assistance at any time with this question just let me know.I am a user of this site, just like you.Your deposit remains in your JustAnswer account; for any account queries please contact them.Best,Pete.