Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Garmin Nuvi GPS 1450 is acting up. JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question

My Garmin Nuvi GPS 1450 is acting up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, I can be driving and the screen freezes. I just updated it. It was fine on a trip today. Then I turned it on again tonight to search intersections and nothing would load. I tried to reload the Mao update but my device was not recognized by my computer even though it was in mass storage. Then I unplugged it, rebooted and everything is fine. However, this stuff keeps happening.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The AGE of the device?2) WHEN this issue first began?3) Have you added a memory card to the device yet - either before or after the update?4) Do you have any saved favorites that you don't want to get rid of? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purchased new in 2011.
Issue began several months ago with small things like a scene freeze here or there or speedometer stopped working. Rebooting always fixed it.
Had a memory card since the first update.
I have lots of very important POIs that I don to want to lose and have no competency to transfer them back to my device although I have backed them up on my PC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is working fine right now by the way.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
OK - what size memory card is installed (capacity)? And what program have you been using to back up your favorites & POIs?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)