Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My first Garmin and sail boat so bear with me please sir...reference

Customer Question

My first Garmin and sail boat so bear with me please sir...reference placement of the transponder that was included with my purchase......
I have a 20' sailboat with a 4 stroke outboard in a "four sided well" (open top and bottom)located inside the starboard side of the stern .....your instructions advise avoiding turbulent water when mounting the transponder ....with the prop and transponder in the same well and the prop as close to the opposite wall (approx. 10"to12" distance across the well and 6" deeper in the water but in front of the prop... there is little or no turbulent....so will this location be ok?...
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jim,Yes, if there is little or no turbulent water at the opposite side of the well then that would be a suitable location for the transponder.