Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My 910 is in its charing dock and says its charged 100% JA:

Customer Question

My 910 is in its charing dock and says its charged 100%
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: but when I go to use it it wont turn on
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: and says it has no charge
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think your model 910 most likely has a failed battery in it.All small electronic devices with rechargeable batteries, have a battery technology that, no matter which one it is, will be bound to fail either to deliver voltage, or deliver enough power, to power On their device.This usually happens over 1 1/2 or more years of usage, of charging and recharging. Do you want to try to repair it yourself? or would you rather send it to Garmin for repair? (Be warned: to send it to Garmin is to be subject to fixed-price repairs - unless it is within 1 year of purchase date and the repair is thus free - and Garmin quotes for a model 910, the fixed-price for repair of$ 99.00so you might want to consider replacing the battery yourself.) Let me know. I will advise you further. Thanks.