Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

My 1700 mu roadmate will not power up. JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

My 1700 mu roadmate will not power up.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was traveling out west and all was well. A couple days later when I went to use my gsp it well not power up. The power source LED light is on indicating that the gsp is getting power. I reset with the reset bottom but still well not come up.
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the roadmate.Let me know the results pleaseThank you