Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a nuvi 3670 the gps is not recognizing the map and

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 3670 the gps is not recognizing the map and the correct route does not appear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I put destination in the gps shows it is calculating route. When Calc is done the little car is on the screen but the street lines and freeways are not aligned and I get correct audio directions but not route
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The AGE of the device?2) When and where was this device last used SUCCESSFULLY?3) WHEN this issue first began (or was noticed)?Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3years old
9mos ago
Today, it was the first time I have used it in 9mos
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
OK - what about the WHERE this device was last used - as compared to the current location? That is, was that about the same place. or perhaps HUNDREDS of miles away? Also, have you checked what maps (version) are currently installed in the device? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Can you also verify the MODEL number for me? Could that be a 3760 (vs. 3670)?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Last used in Houston Texas now in CaliforNia.
Model 3760
Maps Cnna-na-Dem
North America Dem
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. OK - is the a unit that came with Lifetime Map updates?If you can send me the Serial number of the device, I can probably look that up. Also, are there ANY "dates" at all - on that MyMaps screen- OR - any boxes or check marks in those boxes? Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No date box box has a check in it.
I do have lifetime maps but i dont have an available computer to downliad from until tomorrow night. Was hoping to fix it and use tomorrow i have several appts that i could use it for
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Hi again, OK - does the device have a microSD card installed in it OR HAD a microSD card installed at any time since new? Also, please take a look at the MAIN map screen (the View Map) and zoom WAY OUT - to see if the device has a satellite lock, and is at least placing itself in the correct state and general location.NOTE: If you don't have DETAILED maps on the device, you will ONLY see the MAJOR roads and freeways. Please let me know what you see when you zoom out.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Also, please take a look at the following video - to see what I mean by a "date" on the maps (it is just a label - not a box). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMIT2hfRCHA If you can, let me know EXACTLY what you see on that MyMaps screen.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Maps have no dates
When i zoon out it shows me in california
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Can you let me know EXACTLY what you see on that MyMaps screen?And what about a microSD cards? Did it EVER have one, or has one now? And are there NO MAJOR roads - at different levels of zoom?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It has a micro SD card that i install after i got the unit.
Map only shows landmarks like hotels and stores but no street names
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I take it back i can see street names
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry i have to go can we continue tomorrow
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
OK - was that card installed 3 years ago, or some other time (when you got the unit)? Are those street names MAJOR streets (like freeways)?And are those hotels & stores perhaps "favorites" that were saved some time earlier?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Installed about 6mos after buying unit.
Yes
Yes
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Yes, we an continue tomorrow. What I would recommend for NOW (if you have time) is removing the microSD card and then reinserting it (with the device switched OFF), and then power the device ON again, and see if the DETAILED maps appear (on the MyMaps OR View Map screen). For tomorrow, we will want to get a USB cable that will allow you to connect the device to a computer (you will need one of those too.)/
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank will someone have a record of this conversation
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
This conversation will stay open as long as needed. To get back here, simply save a bookmark or favorite in your browser, and use it to open this thread again. I will get a note when you respond again, and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)