Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Trying to download traffic and maps on my cobra

Customer Question

***** ***** trying to download traffic and maps on my cobra 8000 but cant find the free lifetime maps
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It says to go to then click on the cobra 8000 HD. when I do that theirs no 8000 HD free maps too download
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. There is no sign of a place to download map updates on the Cobra site.I think that, in fact, you have to get your free map updates by some other mechanism or means.Have you registered your Cobra 8000 yet? I advise you to do that. And while doing so, keep a look-out for any sign of those map updates on the Cobra site pages that you have to go through to get your device registered.After that... perhaps the map updates are downloaded, not from a web page, but through the device itself. At least there's some hope there... the website certainly presents nothing that I can see.Except! for here: may not have map updates, but it's as near as I've seen on the Cobra website.
(Note: the updates on that page are actually updater software, to run on your computer with the Cobra 8000 connected to it. Presumably map updates are also processed at that time.)