Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

My Nuvi 50L just stays on the GARMIN screen JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

My Nuvi 50L just stays on the GARMIN screen
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I turned it on and the screen is frozen. I have it hooked up to my pc with the cable and tried the Garmin express but it couldnt find the device
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Garmin.Let me know the results pleaseThank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Turns on when I plugged in the usb cable and the screen stays on GARMIN
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
I saw from your initial description, but I need to confirm please, did you do the instructions I sent you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes turned off held button 60 seconds the plugged back in
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank sPlug it into a different USB port on the computer, then open Garmin Express.Is it then detected?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no it couldnt find it
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue It is the internal memory that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. The fact that we cannot get the computer to recognize it or the device to start, confirms this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you