Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My 9270t-lm is stuck on do you want to use battery power

Customer Question

hi
my 9270t-lm is stuck on do you want to use battery power in 3 sec
what can i do
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think that you may have had the device freeze up because its battery was running low. In some Magellan devices, you can use either lithium batteries, alkaline batteries, or else rechargeables. With rechargeables, eventually (after 'many' recharges) they can be expected to slowly start to fail, meaning either diminished power provision (which could make a device lock up unexpectedly on almost any screen) or diminished voltage provision, which causes apparent battery 'life', after each recharge, apparently much shorter. Some such event, whatever the battery type you have in the device, seems to have happened. So I advise you to check your batteries, and if they are rechargeable and have been in use for a year or longer, they may need replacing.(If you replace with more rechargeable batteries, be sure to give those a prolonged charge-up, before you first use them. 6+ hours on the charger (regardless of whether they register as charged before that time) is recommended, to overcome the polarization that gets into such batteries while they are on the shelf waiting to be bought.)