Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.

Trying to update my Garmin with my Garmin Lifetime Map Update.

Customer Question

Trying to update my Garmin with my Garmin Lifetime Map Update. Not sure what i am doing wrong.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Only have instructions on how to activate my card, but not to update my garmin.
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,To use the free lifetime map subscription, all you need to do is register your unit and download the update.You can do this at
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?