Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an old Garmin 810 cycling computer. I have used it

Customer Question

I have an old Garmin 810 cycling computer. I have used it will success last year, but it now will not connect with my iPhone(bluetooth) nor by USB to my computer on Garmin Express or Garmin Connect.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Since you havent used it in a year, lets try master resetting the device.

1. Power device off
  2. Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop
  3. Power device on while still holding both buttons
  4. Continue holding buttons when the Garmin “splash” screen appears
  5. Release buttons when Garmin “splash” screen disappears

Once thats complete, it should show the setup wizard again. Run through the initial setup and it should allow you to pair the device with your garmin connect app.

Let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues,

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Dustin, I saw this remedy previously on-line - I've already done the reset. I had to input all my personal settings, language etc. etc. It did not work . . . so I brought into my office one of our company IT guys about an hour ago and he was able to connect the 810 with his smartphone. Seeing that, I understood it was my iPhone 6, not my 810! It was not obvious to me because I also deleted the 810 from my phone and found it again. Apparently it was something more fundamental. In any case, the 810 now sees my Gamrin Connect and vice versa. Thanks for trying but it was never the Garmin device in the first place!
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Understood..

At the same time, after repairing dozens of these devices its always smart to start with a reset first.. That ensures the software is working normally.. after that, we focus on the software and pairing with an outside device.

Glad to hear all is working though.. If you need any further help, let me know.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ya never know - I will keep this in mind.