Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

I need to update maps and Europe on my Garmin Nuvi 1490. I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I need to update maps for uk and Europe on my Garmin Nuvi 1490. I am meant to have free updates for life. however software is on another computer. how do I update?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Pearl,
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Did you get my last message?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: Not that i can think of/
JA: Our top GPS Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the GPS Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the GPS Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Joe replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

You will need the webupdater software: http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27

You can then update your device.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.