MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.

I just updated my Garmin aera 500 now it doesn't want to

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: i just updated my Garmin aera 500 now it doesn't want to charge or power up. when connected to the pc it powers up but gets stuck on the please wait screen. i have tried to reset the devise it did not help i have also tried to download new drivers. i still can't seem to get it resolved. I'm based in south Africa.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the devise is new only used it once it cost me an arm and a leg so please help.
JA: Our top GPS Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the GPS Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the GPS Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: what pay before getting assistance
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Garmin 500 ?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I bought it late last year so it is relatively new

Thanks is it under 1 full year or just over that point?

You have done the right thing, and Im sure the update was good as they almost always are.

When things like this happen after an update, the problem is a bad memory IC. Whet happens is it tries to write data in for the update, but since there es a bad memory location, other parts of the system are compromised and certain features will no longer work. hopefully all that makes some sense to you.

I wish I had better news for you but this one needs to go in for repair.

One of the best places for that is to bring it to Best Buy for repair.

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael