Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

I have a Garmin with lifetime maps, not sure what model, but

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Garmin with lifetime maps, not sure what model, but believe that it is a 1490. The computer with the program for updating died and now I have a new computer. I need to update the maps for driving a car. Thanks, ***** ***** Steele
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know of. Bev
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there Bev and welcome

What you need to do is on your new computer install Garmin Express and sign in with your Garmin accounts in order to continue the updates.

To do this, on this new computer, download the program from here

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Install it and then open it, sign in with your account and you can then do your updates as you did before.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.