Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Iam having a problem with my 3597 LM garmin. I purchased a

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm Susan and Iam having a problem with my 3597 LM garmin. I purchased a SD card with UK maps for an upcoming trip. When I plugged the SD card in the screen went blank and I can't get the unit to turn back on even without the SD card
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of. I did purchase the SD card that was specified for the 3597
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Hello Susan, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Im sorry to hear about the bad luck youve had. Lets try to get the device working again.

For starters, make sure the SD card is removed.

Then, connect the device to your computer via its usb cord.

Then, hold the lower right corner of the touchscreen with your finger, and then press and hold the power button. Keep holding your finger on the screen.

Release the power button after about 7-10 seconds.

Do you see anything at all showing on the garmin screen now?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.