Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My device will no longer hold the data in the new maps, how

Customer Question

my device will no longer hold the data in the new maps , how can I delete canada and see if the us maps will fit?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the device you are working with?

2) The AGE of the device?

3) WHEN this issue first began?

4) Did you see any warning messages when you tried to do the last update?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
model 4EFOO, TOM-TOM START AT LEAST 4 OR 5 YEARS OLD , CAME WITH FREE FOR LIFE UPDATES, BUT I DIDN'T DETERMINE AT THE TIME WHOSE LIFE . GOT NO WARNING DOWN LOADED UPDATE TODAY. PROBLEM IS THE NEW UP DATEA REQUIRES MORE STORAGE THAT THE DEVICE WILL HOLD. YOU GET ONLY 4 REGIONS TO SELECT FOR THE DEVICE AND THE REGIONS ARE STILL TOO LARGE TO HELP ie TO GET THE WESTERN USA I ALSO HAVE TO INCLUDE CANADA, WHICH I DON'T NEED AT ALL. I think I just bought a product that was never capable of expanding with much of a safety factor
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay.

Can you tell me the NUMBER of your START? (The 4EF00 is more of a "case number", and can be for several different models).

If you can send me the first few characters of the SERIAL NUMBER, I can probably find that model number.

Also, is there a "microSD card" slot - somewhere on your device? If there is, you may be able to add a microSD card of about 8GB of capacity to let you install ALL the maps on the device.

One more thing: Are you using the TomTom "HOME" program or the "MyDrive Connect" program to update your device? And whichever program it is, do you have the latest version of that program?

I only ask that last one because I believe BOTH programs should offer you a choice of ONLY the United States - as a "zone".

I have links to a couple of videos that show using HOME (first link) and MyDrive (second link), to load the zone that will fit on your device.

Video for HOME --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6KEb4TQhlY

Video for MyDrive Connect --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUx2HUKTtZk

Please let me know if you can find that SERIAL NUMBER or a microSD card slot in your device, or if you have any other questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)