Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My new Forerunner 235 will not pair with my iPhone. I have

Customer Question

My new Forerunner 235 will not pair with my iPhone. I have both in pair mode and keeps saying device not found.
Very frustrating as I just soent a lot of money.
Please help
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure that WiFi is enabled on *both* devices.

And, that in the Network Settings (or equivalent on the iPhone) your main high-speed data carrier is shut Off. The 2G/3G/4G facility, in other words, should be shut Off.

Unless you are trying to pair by Bluetooth, of course... in which case the WiFi, and the 2G/3G/4G, should be both shut Off, and make sure the Bluetooth is Enabled on both devices, and make sure that the Bluetooth 'pair' or 'pairing' facility is turned On and/or Enabled.

Then, if they still don't work, try connecting or pairing in the other direction, from the other device to the one device, rather than the one device to the other. (Where does the 'device not found' message appear?)

It's good that you consulted us immediately about this, just after buying the Forerunner. It might be defective from store, and subject to an immediate return-and-exchange policy.