Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I received a Garmin Vivosmart HR fitness band a month ago.

Customer Question

I received a Garmin Vivosmart HR fitness band a month ago. Connected and synced to my iphone S4 with no problems. Able to record and sync all data of exercise, steps etc. Then two days ago I updated my iphone to latest update and also my vivosmart HR. Next morning nothing synced and had to reset my Vivosmart. Now cannot sync to my iphone at all. I follow steps on the Garmin Vivosmart to reset and sync, but when go into Garmin Connect mobile app, through Connect device, go through steps and then when get to the personal profile, cannot click on NEXT button, as it just below the screen, so cannot continue syncing with iphone to set up my device and download data. Cannot reset the time or other menus. Very frustrating and disappointing. I rang Garmin support and they said there is nothing I can do as updated up is made for later iphones. What a waste of money. As cannot use anymore. Even the time is wrong!!! I knew I should not have updated as both iphone and vivosmart were working fine before.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you updated the iphones IOS through itunes.. The simplest fix would be to restore your iphone from a backup that would have been made before you updated.. That would get you back to a working IOS and working version of the garmin software.

barring that option. Have you tried uninstalling the garmin app from your iphone. Restarting the iphone and then reinstalling the garmin app?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried a few times uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Still same problem. Also my iphone backup was giving me errors before, so that would probably not work either! Where would I find the iphone backup, as I tried finding it before when came up with errors to delete it and rebackup but could not find it on my computer?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Question.. Do you have your phone set to backup through itunes, or through icloud?

Also, do you have a pc or a mac that you used when you upgraded the ios..

Also, do you know what IOS you was at previously on the phone, and which IOS version you upgraded to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No do not want to ring you. Backup through iTunes. Yes a pc. No do not know what IOS. Whatever the latest upgrade was, which was waiting on my phone for weeks and I was not going to back up but accidently pressed ,backup over night. when the prompt button came up with upgrade question.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

If you attempt to view your backup files through itunes as discussed below. ( dont actually restore the bakcup, just let me know what dates you see )

Do you see a backup that was listed before you upgraded the IOS ?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do I find the backup files on my computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go I have an appointment. Bye