Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have an old Nuvi 8. I just downloaded the newest maps and

Customer Question

I have an old Nuvi 8. I just downloaded the newest maps and now the screen is frozen
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: is this a paid service
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? If you can find and send the Serial Number back, that would be even better.
2) The AGE of the device?
3) What was the status of the device BEFORE the download of the newest maps were attempted?

Thanks

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)