Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

Can i convert my TomTom 'ONE' to use just as a (large

Customer Question

Can i convert my TomTom 'ONE' to use just as a (large display) digital speedometer??
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

There is a method you can try using a program called tripmaster. Before doing so, perform a back up of your tomtom one using tomtom home.

First, download Tripmaster. I got v1.8, as v2.0 is a beta version at the moment:

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

Plug your TomTom in to your PC and open the file you just downloaded with winzip or similar. Then extract "tripmaster_v1.8a.cab", making sure that you specify your TomTom as the "extract to" destination. It should appear as a letter drive in My Computer or Computer.

Unplug from the computer using the "safely remove hardware" button as you would for a flash drive. Then turn on the TomTom. Press on the screen to get to the menu, and go through the pages, you will notice that there is a new page at the end, with an icon for Tripmaster. Press this button, and the screen will go crazy. This is normal - don't panic. Press the top right corner of the screen (same place as the "close window" cross on windows computers) to exit tripmaster. You have to do this, as it creates a configuration file you need to edit.

Plug your TomTom back in, and open it up from My Computer. Double click the tomtom drive and look in the tripmaster folder and find a file called "config.txt". Open it with notepad. Scroll to where it says "screenadaption none", and change "none" to "rider2".

That's it - unplug from your PC and go to TomTom's menu. Go through to the last page and press the Tripmaster button, and it will load.

There are more detailed instructions with pictures on the page where you download tripmaster from.

If you get stuck or confused along the way, please let me know and I will further assist you.

Please take a moment to rate my answer as well.

Regards,

Sijad