Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My garmin nuvi 1690 stopped working. If connected (to a

Customer Question

my garmin nuvi 1690 stopped working. If connected (to a computer or to any power source) it displays the GARMIN name with a blue triangle above the N but nothing else wherever I touch the screen. I can switch it off with the power button if `i take my time, and switch it on by the button or by connecting it. We left it on charge for 4 hours. Nothing else happens. It does not get used very much but we need it for a foreign trip now.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: No I can't think of anything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier & to hear of any issue with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) the AGE of the device?

2) WHEN it was last used SUCCESSFULLY?

3) Approximately WHEN does your trip begin?

Thanks