Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

How do I update my garmin255w, It's about 7yrs old. Was

Customer Question

how do I update my garmin255w
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's about 7yrs old. Was advised to plug USB port into computer then direction. Noticed icon of GPS plugged into computer appear on screen of GPS. and that's it.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the GPS Technician now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

To update your Garmin, you will need software called Garmin Express. You can download it by clicking here.

Once you have it downloaded and installed. Connect your Garmin device to your computer and turn it on. Once it is on and connected to the computer, run the Garmin Express software. Follow the on screen prompts to add your device. Once added, select your device and on the following page, the software will check for updates in regards ***** ***** device. If there are updates available, you will be prompted to install them.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know. I will be on standby to assist you as needed.