Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260
GPS

My 920 XT is stuck on the Garmin Screen. it will power off

my 920 XT is stuck... Show More
my 920 XT is stuck on the Garmin Screen. it will power off but upon restart will go back to the Garmin Screen. I bought this watch in December of 2015
Category: GPS
replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com,my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

We may have to reset the device. And we may need to connect it to a computer and update the software.

Lets try the reset first.. Heres how~

1. Power Forerunner off
  2. Press and hold Mode and Enter buttons
  3. Press and release Power button (still holding Mode and Enter)
  4. Release Mode and Enter once Power is released

The reset on the Forerunner 910XT is successful if the device finishes powering up and goes to the setup wizard. Try the steps again if the setup wizard does not appear.

Leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data once the reset and setup wizard are complete.

Let me know if that fixes the issue and if not, we can try other steps as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.