Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a Garmin NUVI 350 NA, During the annual map up date

Customer Question

I have a Garmin NUVI 350 NA , During the annual map up date the USB cable was accidently disconnected. The NUVI is now locked in "" maps loading graphic with approximately 25% of the green complete bar done. Resetting the GPS via it's reset button nor disconnecting and/or reconnecting the USB cable have no effect on the lock up/ The GPS unit draws power via the USB cable. My computer does not show the GPS as a drive. Can any thing be done to unlock the GPS ?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my nameis Dustin and I will do my best to assist you.

The only way to undo this error. Is to leave the gps on and let it run out of power. Once it runs out of power, we then will need to reconnect the gps and then delete the gcd.update file, that way it can reinstall the map successfully!

I realize as part of this process we wont be able to continue for another 4-8 hours until the device completely drains power. So when that happens youre welcome to get back to me, as we dont want to try the update again until we have removed the faulted file.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.