Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I am texting from Hollywood Florida I HAVE RECIEVE CHRISTMAS

Customer Question

Good afternoon i am texting from Hollywood Florida I HAVE RECIEVE CHRISTMAS OF 2014 A GARMIN WATCH THE TUCH TYPE ON FRIDAY IHAVE EUED IT FOR ABOUT 5 HOURS CAME BACK HOME AND PUT IT AS USUAL ON THECHARGER SINCE THEN THE WARTCH IS COMPLETED DEAD I WHEN TO GOLF SMITH AND THEY SUGGEST IGO TO GARMIN SUPPORT THERE I AM ROGERD AT *******@****.ca phone # **** **** **** or cl: **** **** **** waiting for your answer thank you Roger
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you i do need your help this watch is fairly new cant golf with out it
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Hello Roger, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, we need to figure out the exact model Garmin watch you have.

Do you know if its an approach s1, s2, s3, s4 ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i the # ***** the back of the watch Garmin approach 93 CE FC 2L162963
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
approach S3
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i am sorry i probable mist read i read 93 instead of S3
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
mr Dustin i just did press on on my watch and Garmin name appears and every things seams to be OK
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please tell me how mutch i owe you thank you Roger ps may be you can tell me why it did happen
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dustin are you there
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My apologies for the delay. Ive just seen your message.

Thank you for confirming the model number.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

I understand that your watch is working right now. This may have been due to a software fault~

For good measure, since youre in contact with me. We should update the software on your Garmin watch so that this does not happen again.

Its a process that i can either connect to your computer and do for you, Or I can tell you the steps on how to update the software so you can follow them.

To do that, I need to know whether you have a windows or a mac computer?

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have a window 10 but i need to know the cost first for the call and for the update
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

I cannot see your account, it appears to me that the cost is 34$ for written support.

If you wanted me to call you phone support is an additional 20$. But honestly, I think we can get by with written support as the update process is usually straight forward. But if you would prefer a phone call I can send the offer for that now.

Which would you prefer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
since you did not have to give a written support i only answered a few question by the time i was waiting for answers i decide to try the my watch and it works so i think total of like agreed a $5 deposit until we agree on the service my account # *****
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

If you dont want to update the watch, the issue could return.

However, if you do not want to proceed with the update process now, then I will message customer support to approve the 5$ deposit and refund anything else you may have been charged.

If you decide you would like to update your watch to ensure it continues to function normally, youre welcome to get back to me.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you for your understanding , how mutch would the price be for update
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

The update itself is free~ Garmin does not charge for it.

My live assistance in helping you with the update would be 29$ ( considering you already agreed to the 5$ deposit )