Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Nuvi 1450 LM keeps turning itself on and off, displays

Customer Question

My Nuvi 1450 LM keeps turning itself on and off, displays the "Connected to computer" image and occasionally shows me the map. I have removed it from the car and tried to update it (it did say there were updates). At first it was just a map update, which would take a minute but the computer couldn't find the Nuvi. Then it did and tried to download and reinstall all the programs. The computer lost connection with the Nuvi and didn't complete, well, anything. Now my Nuvi won't even turn on. I am so lost.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The first thing we need to do, Is get your nuvi where it will turn on normally. So lets focus on that first.

lets try a master reset of your nuvi. Disconnect it from your computer. Turn it completely off. Then, do the following.

Hold your finger on the bottom right corner area of the touchscreen, keep holding your finger there and start the Nuvi.. keep holding your finger on the screen until it asks you to reset all user data.

Tap yes and the device will be reset. will it start now?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I returned the Nuvi to the car and it worked as it should. I believe the lead between the unit and the laptop is damaged,