Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

I need to update my Magellan 1400 roadmate maps. How do I do

Customer Question

I need to update my Magellan 1400 roadmate maps. How do I do it?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

this is one via a program that you can download for free from here Ronald

http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager

Once done, to update

1. Log into your Magellangps.com account through Content Manager if you haven't done so already.
  2. Make sure your GPS device is fully charged.
  3. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. If it doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. The GPS's screen should state that it is in USB mode. Once the installation begins, do not unplug your device.
  4. Launch the Content Manager software,
  5. Right click on the Content Manager icon located in the system tray (Windows) or your Dock (Mac) depending on your OS and select “Check for updates now”.
  6. If a map and/or software update is available you will be prompted with a screen notifying you of an available map upgrade.
  7. Select “Get Now” to update your device with the available map/software update.
  8. You may be prompted to update your device software before the map upgrade begins.
  9. Once the map update begins, you will be able to view the download progress via the progress bar. (If the progress bar has been minimized go to the Content Manager icon in your task bar and left click it to display it again)
  10. When the upgrade is complete, a Content Manager screen will appear asking you to disconnect your device from the computer. Do not disconnect your device until you are prompted by content manager to do so ALSO ONCE DISCONNECTED DO NOT restart your device wait for it to restart automatically. During this process, do not shut down your computer.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you