Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Nuvi 260W has lost audio. Is there anything I can do to

Customer Question

My Nuvi 260W has lost audio. Is there anything I can do to restore it?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

There are several steps we may need to do, but before we try and upgrade the software and firmware. lets try a simple fix first.

Start with the unit powered off. Then touch your finger on the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen and keep it there.

Then, while holding your finger on the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen. Turn on the unit.

It should ask you if you want to select all user data.. Choose yes. Once the reset completes test the device. Do you have sound back now?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.