Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

In Nov 2014 I bought Subaru Crosstrex with TomTom GPS. It

Customer Question

In Nov 2014 I bought Subaru Crosstrex with TomTom GPS. It gave faulty directions that day and never did get them right--including a U-turn on the Verrazano Bridge. Subaru could not resolve this so I now use my wife's handheld Iphone for accurate guidance. Is there possibility that current new tomtom support would make mine work?
Strphen ***********
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Hi Stephen, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

First question, is your TomTom a removable part of the head unit in your car. For instance take a look at this picture.

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/11q1/391500/2011-subaru-forester-tomtom-gps-navigation-unit-photo-396933-s-1280x782.jpg

Also, do you know if the Subaru dealership or yourself, ever removed the unit, connected it to a PC and updated it?