Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Garmin 920 won't go past the initial Garmin logo on start

Customer Question

My Garmin 920 won't go past the initial Garmin logo on start up. Just connected it via the charge cable and loaded a new TCX course and now it's stuck.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Since the device isnt visible on garmin express, we may need to master reset the device first.

So lets try this procedure and let me know if it seems to reset.

Hold POWER BUTTON on for 15 seconds. The device should hopefully start to turn off.
b. Press and hold UP ARROW BUTTON and DOWN ARROW BUTTON
c. Press but don’t hold the POWER BUTTON for a second or so second – device should turn on
d. Wait for 1st beep then release UP ARROW BUTTON
e. Wait for 2nd beep then release DOWN ARROW BUTTON

If not, we may need to try the garmin recommended procedure as follows.

http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={593366a0-7ae0-11e2-65d0-000000000000}

Hopefully one of these will allow you to reset the device. And then, it should be visible in garmin express and able to be updated.

If its still not visible, let me know the type of computer you are working with ( PC or Mac ) and we will continue from there.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
DudeI have Google here thanks.I said I kept the power button down for a while and that was your first suggestion and your second one was a link to another watch. This is a 920 not a 910. I tried it anyway as I had done before contacting you.Can you help?
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Just holding the power button down for a while is not what I suggested.

Theres a specific reset procedure that involves more then just holding down the power button.

Maybe if you re read my last message, you will see there was more to it then hold down the power button.

And regardless of whether you have google or not, I work with these devices day in and day out. I dont feel inclined to hand write and publish my own webpages for procedures that are already shown elsewhere. At the end of the day, its about understanding the processes that need to be carried out, and what processes to carry out next should you get error A or result B.