Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Garmin 920xt screen locked it reads Garmin tried everything

Customer Question

Garmin 920xt screen locked it reads
Garmin tried everything no luck
Tried turning off,on, charging it
Pressing diff keys same time
Nothing still reads garmin
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if it has failed to initialize, or is sticking during startup, so first try removing any accessory connection, or memory card, from it while it is turned Off, then try starting it up again.

I think that since those measures you have tried already have failed, you should try updating the (possibly corrupted) software on the Garmin device with Garmin Express. When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.