Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have RoadMate 5320-LM that is probably less than a year

Customer Question

I have RoadMate 5320-LM that is probably less than a year old, but I am unable to find the proof of purchase. Yesterday I turned it on and it started coming up then the screen went blank and I could never get anything on it. I left it on charge for a while and when I unplugged it the screen stayed illuminated and I was unable to turn it off. Could I get some assistance on a replacement? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your device.

If you would like to see about having your device repaired/replaced under warranty (even without the receipt), the support folks at Magellan SHOULD be able to look up the device by SERIAL NUMBER and be able to determine about when it was sold, and offer you help with that process.

If you have not contacted the support folks yet (by phone), I have their contact number (and hours) below.

Magellan Technical Support
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time

TIPS:

- If you reach a person that is "having a bad day" (don't want to help you), I recommend saying goodbye (nicely) and then calling back a little later, to see if you can talk with someone else - who WILL help you.

- AND if they respond in a similar way, ask them if THEY can look up the serial number of the device and find the approximate date of sale (purchase) - OR -

- Ask to speak with their supervisor - to see if they can help ESCALATE (key word) this issue.

- Always be "nice but firm" - in trying to get THEM to "help you" (vs. them just saying No).

If all that is still unsuccessful, please come back and let me know what happened, and we can proceed from there.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)