Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have signal bars but my garmin5208 is not reading when I

Customer Question

I have green signal bars but my garmin5208 is not reading when I leave the dock? It was working fine 3 days ago
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

We may need to refresh or update the internal software of the chartplotter. Butfirst, lets try to reset it to factory defaults, as this usually cures most issues.

From the Home screen, select Configure > System > System information > Factory Settings > Reset . 2. Select Yes

The device should reset. And once reset, ideally. It should be working normally again. Whether this works or not please send a reply and let me know the outcome. Thank you~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.