Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My name is adel. i have a problem with my edge 510. when i

Customer Question

Customer: hi, my name is ***** ***** have a problem with my edge 510. when i press ride, it won't go onto the next page which gives me my parameters. so i did a factory reset and noticed that it wont change the system detail like, units from statute to meters. language is stuck in english. weight gives me a ridiculously high number like 1805.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it won't start with counting my distance nor detect gps i still get the same problem after a hard reset nothing works
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GPS Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Adel,

Try updating the firmware on your Edge 510 to the latest version available and let me know if that improves it's reliability :

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=8867

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did that already before i sent you a message. no dice :(