Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Voice went out on my garmin unviable 2539 please help me fix

Customer Question

Voice went out on my garmin unviable 2539 please help me fix it no sound on it
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Assuming this isnt a physical issue with the devices built in speakers. Lets try a software reset first, as this usually will fix the issue.

1. Start with the device turned off and unplugged from power
    • To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
  2. Power on the device
  3. When the first copyright screen appears press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
  4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
  5. Touch Yes
    • If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right

Once complete, restart the unit and let me know if the sound is working now, or not. Thank you~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.