Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

, how can I install polish navigation on a garmin gps?

Customer Question

Customer: hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: how can I install polish navigation on a garmin gps?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GPS Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with?
2) The AGE of the device and its operational status?
3) Are you planning on traveling to Poland and want to get the maps for that area?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Garmin nüvi 55LM I bought it 6 months ago and i'm travling to Poland and I want to get maps
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

I see your request for a phone call and I CAN call you in a few minutes, but we may not need that call and that will save on the additional service fee.

May I ask WHEN you plan to make this trip?

I only ask so I will know the SPEED at which you need the maps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I plan to be there in 3 months
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

OK - great! That give you plenty of time to get the maps on a microSD card - as preloaded, and time to insert the card and TEST that it works for you (it should).

What I would recommend it the entire Europe maps, as the cost different between just a "region" of Europe (that covers Poland) is not too much. Generally, region maps are about $70 as the entire Europe map is $100.

Here is a link to a Garmin page where you can order the Europe Maps - just make sure you select the "microSD/SD card option in the pull-down selector.

Click Link Below.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/2014-line/nuvi-55lm/maps/on-the-road-maps/city-navigator-nt/city-navigator-europe-nt/prod6299_010-10680-50.html

In my next note, I will send some information about how this card is installed and TESTED - even when still at home.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Here is a link to a video that shows how to install the microSD card on a Nuvi device. This is NOT the Nuvi 55LM, but the concepts are all the same, including how you TEST and VERIFY that the maps are enabled and working.

Click link below for video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9jszZECT8

One other note: Another advantage to using the preprogrammed map card is that it will not disturb the Lifetime Maps (coverage area) that are already in your device. That is, when you are done with your Poland trip, you simply unplug the card (if you want to), wait for the device to lock on the satellites to find your location here, and you are "back to normal" with the device.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-