Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Garmin 510 is now showing "software is unavailable

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The major difficult with completing the process, is finding the correct RGN file.. If you are certain you have the Edge 510 model. Then the steps below ( and links ) are what you need.

Ok, this is going to be a multi part process.

First we need to download the RGN cure file.. You can get it here. http://bel.garmin.com/Downloads/UnitSoft/Edge510/edge510.zip

after downloaded remember the location of that file. But dont do anything with it..

Now, we need to connect the Edge to the computer.. Start with the edge off.. Now hold down the Lap button and while you are holding the lap button, only then connect the usb to the computer.

Once connected, open the file you downloaded.. Inside it, drag and drop the RGN file onto the updater exe program.

It should launch a simple program , select your gamin usb device inside the program and click ok t o update it.

Once the update is complete.. We must run the web updater next.

http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp

Once you have downloaded, installed and ran the web updater and it has updated your Edge.. It should be ready to use again.

This is a tough process to complete, but will work. So if you encounter and issues or run into difficulties, or even if this does work. Please send a reply when you can and let me know.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.