Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How do I configure the inland lakes chip in our Garmin chart

Customer Question

How do I configure the inland lakes chip in our Garmin chart plotter. We have put the chip in the unit on our boat and it seemed to download the maps, etc. But we are unable to get it to show the maps. It show lots of new information but no maps.
Thanks
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check as to whether the maps are compatible with your device model # (whatever the maps are, whatever their source, and whatever your Garmin device's exact model # *****)

Then prepare the SD card for use. Put the maps on it, then log in to your computer's myGarmin account, click the MyMaps tab, click on the Add To Device button next to the new maps (if they are listed), and then (with some authorizations etc.) the maps will be placed on the SD card and ready for use.

See https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={6c5dd080-929a-11de-5db4-000000000000}

for more details. If you think you have followed all those steps, then

A. did you purchase the maps through myGarmin ?

B. did you carefully determine whether the maps were compatible with your Garmin model # ?