Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have the same issue as this post which is already 1 year

Customer Question

Customer: Hello I have the same issue as this post which is already 1 year old. I am stucking with my dezl560 with a black escreen. How did you solve this Screen Problem? All other things I did already -> downloading 390.gcd and garmincure and so on thanks a lot.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well the issue was that one update had a bug or something and my garmin dezl 560 was not starting anymore. Than I resetted the garmin. Didn´t help. Then I formatted the navi and put on the Software 390.gcs von gmaptool with garmincure as described here. http://www.justanswer.com/gps/88e0i-middle-dezl-560-sw-maps-update-garmin.html#re.v/447/ and I am also stucking with black escreen.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GPS Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, am I able to pay by credit Card od. PayPal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

You can try updating the software on the device using Garmin Express:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5245

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then the device likely has a hardware fault and will need to be returned to Garmin for repair.

If the device is under 1 year old then the warranty will cover any repairs required.

Pete.