Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.
23511658

My name ***** ***** Kama My issue! I need to sync and

Customer Question

Customer: My name ***** ***** Kama My issue! I need to sync and register my new sky caddie touch. Every time I do it repeats itself and I must do it again - more than an hour of discouragement. And the charges I see is #119 for four items. I bought sky caddie sg5 and it was terrible - so I bought the sky caddie touch - I like it - but it keeps warning me I need to sync and reister by 1 Jan 16. Each time I try that it keeps telling me to register again. Can you walk me through this??? PK
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, my Sky caddie Number in back is--9t3512001065 - I have all the required attachments in the purchase to connect - and a lap top -MacBook Pro.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GPS Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Typically, syncing issues between a Mac and the SkyCaddie are due to the computer's firewall. The firewall is blocking CaddieSync from communicating with the device. In order to allow CaddieSync to communicate freely with your SkyCaddie (without compromising the security of your computer), please add CaddieSync as an exception in your firewall settings.

To add CaddieSync as an exception:

1. From System Preferences, select Security > Firewall
  2. If your Firewall is set to ON, select "Advanced"
  3. You will see a list of incoming connections you are allowing. Select plus (+) to add CaddieSync
  4. From the list, select "CaddieSync for Mac"
  5. You should see CaddieSync for Mac in the list of incoming connections. Make sure it says "Accept Incoming Connections" beside that item.

Please let me know if that works, or if you need additional assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The only thing that worked - I asked for a tel# ***** called and a lady walked me through the steps so my problem I'd solved. Thank you n a joyful new year to all. PK