Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

, Dustin Morning
, The becker map pilot

Customer Question

Customer: Dustin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Dustin Morning
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GPS Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: The becker map pilot when installed it will not go beyond "waiting for nav connection " can you assist please
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Did the interface with Becker Content Manager complete OK, on and with your computer, when you connected the Becker Map Pilot to your computer? Is it only stalling when you try to put it into actual use as a navigation aid?

If so, then you should check your antenna connection. After which, it might be safe to supposed that the Becker Map Pilot happens to be defective from supplier and needs to be returned promptly for an exchange (or if the exchange period has run out, to be repaired by the manufacturer under warranty.)

(Note: if it is indeed the satellite connection that is failing, make sure you are in view of open sky and with no steel-framed building(s) overhead.)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
`Russell
Thanks for response when I contacted the Map pilot to my PC there was No response from the content manager to my system at all shoild I try the restart button ? or will iI sent it back to the manufacturer ?
Tks
D

Try a different USB port, and/or a different USB cable (of less than 6 feet length, if you have one), and see if the Content Manager or the PC responds at all. (Does the PC make a klunk-klunk noise in recognition of a USB device being attached?)

Has the PC worked with this (or any other) Map Pilot device before this?

How old is the Map Pilot please? whether to send it back depends upon these questions (as well as a few other factors yet to be determined, in some cases.)

Expert:  venus-cssm replied 11 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.